A New Hampshire certificate of good standing (NH) is a legal document that verifies that your limited liability company (LLC) or corporation was correctly formed and is in good standing with the state.
This Certificate of Good Standing New Hampshire guide will explain how to get a certificate of good standing in New Hampshire and the requirements to get a good standing certificate.
What is a Certificate of Good Standing?
The certificate- of good standing, aka “certificate of existence,” confirms that a company is up-to-date with its filings and has no legal issues preventing it from conducting business.
This state document verifies that you have legally formed your LLC or corporation and that your company is properly maintained.
Requirements for Getting a New Hampshire Certificate of Good Standing
In New Hampshire, the certificate of good standing is known as a certificate of compliance issued by the New Hampshire Secretary of State. To qualify for a New Hampshire certificate of compliance, make sure your corporation or LLC is up-to-date with the following state compliance requirements.
Obtain Business Licenses & Permits
Follow federal, state, and local licensing guidelines to operate your business in New Hampshire in a state-compliant manner. Some examples include health permits, building permits, medical and other professional licenses, etc.
To find more about state licensing requirements, visit the New Hampshire Online Licensing website.
Pay State Taxes
New Hampshire has two types of business taxes:
- The Business Profits Tax is a flat tax rate on businesses with gross receipts over $50,000
- The Business Enterprise Tax is based on specifically the earnings of each individual business.
Depending on your business activity, you must register for various forms of New Hampshire state tax.
Timely Submit Annual Reports
All New Hampshire corporations and LLCs must file an annual report that summarizes their business’s finances over the past year.
The New Hampshire Secretary of State requires your business to submit an annual report. The New Hampshire LLC annual report filing fee is $100 and is due by April 1 each year.
How Do I Get a Certificate of Good Standing in New Hampshire?
Once your business is up-to-date with all filings and compliance requirements, you can order your certificate of Good Standing from the state authority.
You can access and print your certificate online or request one using this easy form for your LLC, corporations, or partnerships in New Mexico. So, you can:
- Get a Certificate of Good Standing for LLC
- Get a Certificate of Good Standing for Corporation
- Get a Certificate of Good Standing for Partnership
The New Hampshire certificate of compliance is requested from the New Hampshire Secretary of State. To order your certificate of compliance online from the New Hampshire QuickStart, click the following link.
NH Secretary of State
107 N. Main St., Room 204
Concord, NH 03301
In-Person Submission Address:
State Office Building
25 Capitol St., 3rd Floor
Concord, NH 03301
The filing Cost for the New Hampshire Certificate of Compliance is $6.50 for an online certificate or $5 for a mailed certificate and in-person submission.
Why Do I Need a Certificate of Good Standing in New Hampshire?
While you don’t necessarily need a certificate of compliance to run your LLC or corporation in New Hampshire, there are several instances where you may need to get one. These include:
- Opening a business bank account
- Applying for a business loan or line of credit from a bank
- Purchasing business insurance
- Trying to lease commercial space
- Soliciting funds from potential investors
- You want to register your LLC or other business in another state as a foreign or out-of-state LLC
- You want to Transfer or domesticate your business to another state
- You’re selling your business, and the buyer wants proof that the company is in good legal standing
- You are contracting with another company
- You need to show compliance with government regulations in any other situation
FAQs on New Hampshire Certificate of Good Standing
Aisha Noreen is an owner of a small business with more than 9 years of experience in the marketing industry. With the wisdom of an old soul, she always seeks innovation and mind-blowing ROI techniques. Her unique approach helped many small businesses thrive and she can surprise you in many ways as well. Believe it or not, her energy, passion, and creativity are contagious enough to transform your business and take it to another level.