Sunbiz LLC: Limited liability companies (LLCs) are a popular choice for business owners in the State of Florida. One of the key resources for Florida LLCs is Sunbiz, which offers a wide range of services to help businesses manage their legal requirements and stay compliant.
In this article, we’ll cover all the important information you need to know about Sunbiz LLC, including:
- What is Sunbiz LLC?
- What services does Sunbiz LLC offer?
- How to form a Florida LLC using Sunbiz LLC
- How to file annual reports for your LLC with Sunbiz LLC
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What is Sunbiz LLC?
Sunbiz LLC is a division of the Florida Department of State that provides a range of services for businesses, including:
- E-filing services for annual reports
- Certificate of Status
Sunbiz LLC also offers a search function for businesses to search for information about corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, and trademarks by name, zip code, and other options.
What Services Does Sunbiz LLC Offer?
Sunbiz LLC offers a wide range of services to help businesses stay compliant with legal requirements. Some of the key services include:
- E-filing services for annual reports: All corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, and limited liability limited partnerships are required to file annual reports each year between January 1 and May 1. Sunbiz LLC makes it easy to file annual reports online.
- Reinstatements: If your business has failed to file annual reports for multiple years, Sunbiz LLC can help you reinstate your business and get back in good standing with the state.
- Certificate of Status: A certificate of status is a document that confirms your business is in good standing with the state. Sunbiz LLC can provide this document to you upon request.
- Search function: Sunbiz LLC offers a search function that allows you to search for information about corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, and trademarks by name, zip code, and other options.
How to Form a Florida LLC Using Sunbiz LLC?
Forming a limited liability company in the State of Florida is a straightforward process. Here’s how to do it using Sunbiz LLC:
- Review the instructions for filing the Articles of Organization.
- Gather all the information you need to complete the form, including the names of the members and the registered agent.
- Have a valid form of payment ready.
- File your Florida LLC Articles of Organization online or by mail.
How to File Annual Reports for Your LLC with Sunbiz LLC
Sunbiz LLC requires all corporations, LLCs, limited partnerships, and limited liability limited partnerships to file an annual report each year between January 1 and May 1.
The Department of State encourages business owners to file early to avoid a late fee. To file annual reports for your LLC with Sunbiz LLC, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Sunbiz website (www.sunbiz.org)
- Click on the “Reports” tab
- Select “Annual Report”
- Enter your LLC’s name or file number
- Verify your LLC information
- Complete the required information and pay the fee
- Submit your annual report
Note: Fees for filing annual reports in Florida with Sunbiz LLC vary and may change over time. Check the Sunbiz website for the most up-to-date information on fees.
FAQs for Registering a Florida LLC
How to Pay for the Filing of Articles of Organization
The three available online payment options are:
- Debit Card (Visa or MasterCard)
- Credit Card (American Express, MasterCard, or Visa)
- Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account.
Checking the Availability of Your LLC Name
Use the Sunbiz name search tool to determine if your LLC name is available. You can also hire any of the reliable LLC formation services we’ve reviewed and ranked to save your valuable time.
Mail or Online Filing?
While online filing is more convenient, it is not mandatory. You can also download an Articles of Organization application and submit it by mail along with payment in the form of a check or money order.
Confirmation Letter Upon Approval
Upon approval of your application, you will receive a confirmation letter that includes significant information about your LLC.
If you purchased a Certified Copy or Certificate of Status, these documents will also be sent with the confirmation letter.
The processing time for your Articles of Organization depends on the filing method.
Online submissions and payments are usually processed within two to three business days, whereas submissions by mail take three to five business days to be processed.
E-Signatures for Online Forms
As per Florida state law (s.15.16, F.S.), typing your name serves as an electronic signature that holds the same legal validity as a physical signature.
Forging someone else’s signature without their consent is considered forgery.
Obtaining a Copy of Your Articles of Organization
After your Articles of Organization have been posted, you can download a free copy from Sunbiz.
In case your application is rejected, it is likely due to non-compliance with state requirements.
You can make the necessary corrections to your Articles of Organization on the Sunbiz website using your PIN and tracking number.
This article is created with the aid of automated technology and then carefully reviewed and verified for accuracy by our professional editors.